Vaccine Rollout for Seniors
If you missed the announcement, Vaccine rollout for Seniors is here this month of March. Here is the vaccine rollout for seniors plan:
If you’re a senior born in 1941 or earlier and you don’t live in independent living, you will have to call to book a vaccine appointment over the phone.
- 1931 or earlier (90+) – call week of March 8th
- 1936 or earlier (85+) – call week of March 15th
- 1941 or earlier (80+) – call week of March 22nd
- Island Health phone number is +1-833-348-4787
Get Ready To Call
When you call your health authority, you’ll be asked for:
- First and last name
- Date of birth
- Postal code
- Personal Health Number
You can find your Personal Health Number on the back of your B.C. driver’s licence, BC Services Card or CareCard. If you do not have a Personal Health Number, you can still receive the vaccine.
We’ll also ask you for contact information:
- An email address that gets checked regularly; or
- A phone number that can receive text messages
What We Won’t Ask For
We will never ask you for your SIN, driver’s licence number or banking and credit card details.