After Death ResouRces
Are you a citizen dealing with death? Service Canada has a number of after death resources you may find helpful. See the information below.
After Death Resources
Service BC has launched a new website which provides citizens who are dealing with a death find the information and services they need. The launch of the After a Death website, followed by the launch of the new After a Death checklist, replaces the “What to do when Someone Dies” checklist.Service BC is providing improved support to citizens of British Columbia.
- After a Death: https://gov.bc.ca/afterdeath
- After a Death Checklist: https://gov.bc.ca/afterdeath/checklist
This website and checklist supports people who are dealing with a death find the information and services they need. Topics include:
- First Steps—The first things to do when someone dies
- Get Support— Access emotional, financial and legal support resources
- Plan a Funeral or Memorial— Find a funeral home and learn what they can do to help
- Manage Wills & Estates— Learn how to find and carry out a will
- Who to Notify— Learn what services to contact and what to do